Located in Via Bufalotta 1281, 12 miles from the city centre.
You can only reach Bethel by bus or taxi! Get bus tickets before you board the bus and once you are on the bus, stamp your ticket in the yellow machine to validate it!
Bus 338 from metro stop JONIO
Or Bus 86 from metro stop CONCA DORO
Tour takes maximum 90 minutes.However since 2021 the Italian branch is relocating (In 2024 the Branch will definitely be moved to Bologna) in Rome just very few areas, and a small garden are open to visitors!
Time schedule for visitors from June 1st 2023
Monday to Friday 8.30-11.30 / 13.30-16.00
You can visit Bethel by online reservation only!
Visit his link www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/offices/italy/
Doubtless Rome is one of the best cities for foodies! The good restaurants in Rome are too many, to be included in a bucket list! Anyway never ask food tips at the reception of your bnb or hotel, in 80% of cases they get a commission suggesting you restaurants of their friends.
Follow your instinct! It is so easy to find some good local places with excellent food! Live Rome as we Romans do:
Looking for places where
1. there is no English menu
2. where they do not need to invite customers in the middle of the street!
3. where the customers are not ONLY tourists, but also local people...
Here below our personal selection of places where we usually go!
Without any personal interest in them!
- "Seu Illuminati" Via Angelo Bargoni 10-18
- "Da Michele" In Via Flaminia 82
- "Lievito by Diego Vitagliano" Via Flaminia 525
- "Sorbillo" Piazza Augusto Imperatore 46
- "Sorbillo" Shopping center La Rinascente - 6th floor - Via del Tritone 61
- "Pastificio Guerra" take away -Via della Croce 8 - "Osteria da Fortunata" Via del Pellegrino 11
- "Fraschetteria Sant'Angelo" In Via del banco di santo spirito 20
- "Tonnarello" In Via della Paglia 1
- "Pasta e eVino Osteria" Via della Pelliccia 12 or Via Florida 23
- "I monticiani" In Via Panisperna 84
- "Lo scopettaro" In Lungotevere Testaccio 7
- "Maxela" Via delle Coppelle 10
- "Pescaria" In Via Leone IV 14 nearby Vatican Museums
- "Vizi capitali" In Vicolo della Renella 94
- "La pesceria" In Via San Nicola Tolentino 23
- "Otaleg" Via San Cosimato 14a (Trastevere)
In general, Rome is a very safe and quiet city but like every touristy place pick-pocketers can be found in crowded squares, line-ups for monuments, buses or metros. Often pick-pocketers are baby gipsy (8-13 years old), who look like tourists, but are very expert at picking your pockets!
Moreover everywhere is full of African people (90% of them are from Senegal), who will try to sell you bracelets and various manufactured objects.. Don't stop! They say that the items are free but then they haunt you asking for money and running away without giving the rest!
Leave the following items inside your hotel/b&b safe: bags, backpacks and original passport/ documents.Bring with you, if possible in your front pant pockets: some cash, credit cards and your phone which should have a picture of your passport/documents. If you bring a bag, only bring items that are not precious or important to you.
Like anywhere else in the world, some taxi drivers will take advantage of tourists. Get an uber or text to these brothers who work as official drivers in Rome!
They provide h24/365 days service including: transfer to/from the airports, to/from Civitavecchia port and any other place in Italy. Tell him that you are JWs, and that you found their numbers on our website.
They will for sure give you the best rate avaialble in Rome!
24 hours/365 days limousine service
WWW.DEFILIPPOLIMOUSINE.COM - email@example.com
Ceo Brother Salvatore - +39 3356159711
White Taxi Driver +39 3498737318
White Taxi Driver +39 3492828119
Please do not ask us details about their services!
Be aware that they are indipendent workers and we are not their broker!
Text them directly via whatsapp, and they will reply as soon as they can.
If you want to buy wine or cheese, never buy it in the souvenir store or wine shops, as it costs double! Always go to the common supermarket where locals shop:
- Coop in Via Nazionale 212
- Carrefour in Via del Viminale 35
- Pam in Via delle Quattro Fontane 38
If you need luggage storage which is available 24hrs a day, check this link:
- 1. Borghese museum - Reservation required!
- 2. Capitoline museum
- 3. The underground Forum www.palazzovalentini.it
- 4. www.time-elevator.it An exciting virtual reality journey to discover and "see" Roman history
- 5. www.hotellunetta.com An unforgettable welness experience in an archaeological thermal spa complex in the heart of the city center. Reservation required!
In general, we don't suggest that you reach the city centre by car. There are many hidden cameras, and it's very easy to get fined. Moreover in almost all cities of Italy, private cars are allowed downtown ONLY after 6 pm or all day on Sundays. The best way to explore our city centre is by leaving the car at the metro stop parking and taking the metro into the city.
However in the open parking metro stop areas, acts of vandalism against the cars are frequent! If you want to be safe, leave your car in a guarded paying garage! Look for the closest one to your metro stop on google maps!
If you want to come by car as close as possible to the city centre, without entering the restricted areas, you can park your car in one of these parking lots for a payment.
1. PARKING LUDOVISI Via Ludovisi 60 - 5 minutes walking from Spanish Steps
2. PARKING CAVOUR Piazza Cavour - 10 minutes walking from Navona Square
Unfortunately Rome, unlike cities in the Northern Europe, it is not a child-friendly city. There are very few beautiful children's playgrounds in the city and just a few fun activities to enjoy with children.
Here are the best ones for families!
1. EXPLORA - The Kids Museum - Via Flaminia 82
2. BIOPARCO ZOO PARK - www.bioparco.it
3. MAGICLAND (40 minutes driving from the city) a small Italian version of Disneyland - www.magicland.it
4. ZOOMARINE (40 minutes driving from the city) a beautiful amusement water park - www.zoomarine.it
In general, Rome is not consider one of the wine vallleys of Italy... The best region where you can have a wonderful wine experience is Tuscany.
However, there is an amazing and big wine area just 40 minutes by car from the city center. It is consider one of the best wine productions in the Lazio district. They offer wine tours and tasting in Italian and English.
Check on their website www.winetourprincipepallavicini.com